Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Goto on client ?

To: Freeciv Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Goto on client ?
From: Daniel Sjolie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 23:21:49 +0200

On 1999-08-06 11:05:26, Artur Biesiadowski wrote:
> Goto is currently handled by server. Shouldn't it be handled in client ?
> This would make it more realistic (no data client do not know about
> would be used), reduce load on server and allow displaying proposed
> route to player on client dynamically. If it would be handled on client
> entirely some of problems could go away - client would just send normal
> unit move requests, reducing number of special goto cases on server.

Hehehe...
*sigh*
Try doing some searching in the mailinglist-archive (I believe it's
somewhere at complete.org?), maybe for 'client' and/or me (deepone) :)
I have been pushing similar thought for some time...

I have now pretty much given up on this though...
Read the 'fog-of-war' thread if You have not allready...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)