Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Sound support; sounds needed [alpha test patch]

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Sound support; sounds needed [alpha test patch]
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 10:11:00 -0400

At 1999/08/01 09:11 , Sune Kirkeby wrote:
>On Sat, Jul 31, 1999 at 03:36:19PM -0500, Joel Ray Holveck wrote:
>>
>> It is my proud pleasure to announce that I am adding full sound
>> support to Freeciv.
>
>  [  SNIP  ]
>
>> +
>> +   Illegal moves that need notification:
>> +   * ZOC violations (server/unittools.wav:91)
>> +   * Attacking w/ nonattacking piece
>> +   * Need access to water to irrigate
>> +   * Improvement not valid on this terrain
>> +
>
>Add:
>* Cannot build railroad w/o the railroad advance.
>* Cannot build farmland w/o refrigeration advance.

This is just a minor nit, but to test for being able to build farmland, the
rest of the code checks for a civilization being able to build the
supermarket improvement (which itself depends upon refrigeration).  The
rational is that it is building a supermarket which exploits farmland; what
if someone changed buildings.ruleset and made supermarket depend upon a
different technology?

jjm