Re: [Freeciv-Dev] bug: server sends enemy cities information (PR#80)

To: pejean.lists@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] bug: server sends enemy cities information (PR#80)
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 19:03:25 +1000 (EST)

"P.E.Jean"  <pejean.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I found that the server sends information about enemy cities
> if the client requests it.

Yes, the server sends more information than the client should
have.  I think some things rely on this behaviour, such as
diplomats investigating cities.  Similarly, a hacked client
could see all submarines, see all units in enemy stacks and
in enemy cities, see exact enemy unit hp and veteran status,
get info on other players even without embassy (?), etc.

These problems should ideally be fixed, but they are not
trivial, and I would consider them wishlist items.

-- David