Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Helicopter not considered air unit? (PR#78)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Helicopter not considered air unit? (PR#78)
From: wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 15:59:53 -0700 (PDT)

Piotr.Sulecki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Piotr.Sulecki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> As you can read in the docs, the only way to attack air units is by using a
> fighter.
> How come I just lost two helicopters from attacking infantries?

Helicopters aren't air units, believe it or not.  They're in a class by
themselves -- neither air nor ground, but somewhere in between.

I'm pretty sure that this is mentioned a couple times in the
documentation, but it's strange and counterintuitive enough that it may
need to be stated in more places to make sure people stumble across it....

--
Greg Wooledge                    | Distributed.NET http://www.distributed.net/
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             | because a CPU is a terrible thing to waste.