[Freeciv-Dev] Helicopter not considered air unit? (PR#78)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Helicopter not considered air unit? (PR#78)
From: Piotr.Sulecki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 08:31:06 -0700 (PDT)

Full_Name: Piotr Sulecki
Version: 1.8.1
OS: HP/UX
Submission from: (NULL) (149.156.50.2)

Ave!

As you can read in the docs, the only way to attack air units is by using a
fighter.
How come I just lost two helicopters from attacking infantries? I lost one from
riflemen and the other from alpine troops.

I know I can lose a helicopter when I'm attacking land units. It was not the
case.
I know I can lose a helicopter when it runs out of fuel/HPs. It was not the
case.

So, either the help or units.ruleset is wrong. I don't know which one as I only
have Civ1 and there is no helicopter unit in it. Maybe it's not a bug, just a
missing
docs.

The exact situation was that I destroyed an AIs unit which ended my move just
besides
AI city. The city's riflemen got me on next turn. The same with next
helicopter.

PeterS.