Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Tiles

To: abies@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Tiles
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 23:13:32 +1000 (EST)

Artur Biesiadowski wrote:

> It seems to me that river squares are reversed - at offset zero there is
> a lake (river not connected to any other square), where all other types
> put 'connected at all sides' square there. Is this bug in tileset or
> client should handle it (if latter, why ?).

I think one can view it that for one or more of the sides, there
is something "special".  For most of the terrain types this
"specialness" is that there is grass there, instead of more
of the same.  For ocean squares, it is that there is coast there.
For the rivers, that specialness is that there is another river
square there.  I'm just guessing/rationalizing here though.

Regards,
-- David