[Freeciv-Dev] patch: regularize some identifiers

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: regularize some identifiers
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 22:18:53 +1000 (EST)

This patch makes some identifiers more uniformly named,
as follows:

previous           -> this patch

MAX_PLAYERS        -> MAX_NUM_PLAYERS
MAX_CONNECTIONS    -> MAX_NUM_CONNECTIONS
MAX_LENGTH_NAME    -> MAX_LEN_NAME
MAX_LENGTH_ADDRESS -> MAX_LEN_ADDR
ADDR_LENGTH        -> "
MAX_PACKET_SIZE    -> MAX_LEN_PACKET
NAME_SIZE          -> MAX_LEN_USERNAME  (*)
MSG_SIZE           -> MAX_LEN_MSG
MAX_CAPSTR_LEN     -> MAX_LEN_CAPSTR
MAX_CMD_LEN        -> MAX_LEN_CMD

Any objections?  Better ideas?  I realise this may break some
patches not yet in CVS, and some may consider this change
unnecessary.  But any patch breakage will be obvious and easy
to fix, and I would prefer the more uniform identifiers.

((*) This is different from MAX_LEN_NAME, and cannot be
made larger (to be the same) for compatability reasons,
not fixable via capabilities.)

Regards,
-- David