Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Some remarks

To: a_beraud@xxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Some remarks
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 12:03:57 +1000 (EST)

Alexandre BERAUD wrote:

> David Pfitzner wrote:
>
> >Huh?  It seems fine to me.  Could you be more specific about:
> >1) what you did;
> >2) what you got;
> >3) what you expected, and how it differed from 2).
> >
> >(And what exact version.)
>
> 1.8.1
> When you type 'civserver --help' it is said that there are three
> debug levels called 0,1 and 2 but the only digits accepted as
> argumets in the command line are 1,2,3. Why this shift ?

I still don't understand.  This is what I get:

---->
ambiguity:~/freeciv/games$ ./ser --debug 0
This is the server for Freeciv version 1.8.1
You can learn a lot about Freeciv at http://www.freeciv.org

Get a list of the available commands with 'help'.
ambiguity:~/freeciv/games$ ./ser --debug 1
This is the server for Freeciv version 1.8.1
You can learn a lot about Freeciv at http://www.freeciv.org
1: Now accepting new client connections

Get a list of the available commands with 'help'.
ambiguity:~/freeciv/games$ ./ser --debug 2
This is the server for Freeciv version 1.8.1
You can learn a lot about Freeciv at http://www.freeciv.org
2: log started
1: Now accepting new client connections

Get a list of the available commands with 'help'.
ambiguity:~/freeciv/games$ ./ser --debug 3
Bad log level 3 in "3".
Freeciv must be compiled with the DEBUG flag to use LOG_DEBUG
This is the server for Freeciv version 1.8.1
You can learn a lot about Freeciv at http://www.freeciv.org
  -f, --file F          Load saved game F
  -g, --gamelog F       Use F as game logfile
  -h, --help            Print a summary of the options
  -l, --log F           Use F as logfile
  -m, --meta            Send info to Metaserver
  -p, --port N          connect to port N
  -r, --read            Read startup script
  -s, --server H        List this server as host H
  -d, --debug N         Set debug log level (0,1,2)
  -v, --version         Print the version number
Report bugs to <bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.
<----

(This was compiled without DEBUG.)
Seems fine to me.  Again, what results did you get, and what
results did you expect?

> >Well, to be precise, you can change its height, but the minimum
> >height is a bit bigger than the height of an 800x600 display.

> Could it be possible to change the minimum height ?

Well, it would appear that the minimum height is based on
the sum of the heights of the minimap, the status display
(population, rates, turn done etc), the current tile/unit
display, and the output window/chatline.  And/or a fairly
reasonable minimum height for the main map if some of the
other parts are detached.  Again, the best solution to me
seems to be that you detach some of the components -- and
the ability to do so is a very nice feature!

-- David