Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Some remarks

To: Alexandre BERAUD <a_beraud@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Some remarks
From: Sune Kirkeby <sune@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 19:05:33 +0200

On Fri, Jul 09, 1999 at 11:02:21AM +0200, Alexandre BERAUD wrote:

> Problem:
> The gtk+ client is better and better but... it's height goes larger
> and larger so that it sinks deeper and deeper in the bottom of my
> 800x600 screen. The problem is that I CAN NOT change it's height !
> I have already mentioned this on the list and I wonder if this is not
> possible to code, or if my window manager (Window Maker 0.60.0) is
> bugged.

Try holding down ALT while clicking inside the window, then you can
move it around.  It works exactly like dragging the window by the title
bar, except you can do it anywhere in the window.  This way you can
always drag a too-large-for-screen window up (or to the side), and
make it smaller.

OTOH, I really hate windows that behave like this, does Freeciv have
a geometry option, if not should we not consider adding it?

Sune

--
Imagine, if you will, that there were no such thing as a hypothetical
situation...