Re: [Freeciv-Dev] MFC patches

Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] MFC patches
From: Andy Black <ablack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 18:55:09 -0600

>Andy Black <ablack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> The folowing is a sequence of diff files that I made against the CVS server
>> today.  Could someone check to verify that they don't break the server code?
>> [...]
>> +#if !(GENERATING68K || GENERATINGPPC) /* non mac header(s) */
>
>The philosophy of autoconf is to never check in the source for certain
>*machines*, but check in the configure script for certain
>*features*. So I suggest you check in the configure script if there
>are certain headers or whatever the particular source part depends on
>and set a variable according.

Sorry, those should have been
#if (defined(GENERATING68K) || defined(GENERATINGPPC))
not
#if (GENERATING68K || GENERATINGPPC)

and

#if !(defined(GENERATING68K) || defined(GENERATINGPPC))
not
#if !(GENERATING68K || GENERATINGPPC)

I'll send out new patch files soon.  The GENERATING68K and GENERATINGPPC
flags are defined by metroworks codewarior when it is generating mac code.
My intent was to shield the mac compiler from seeing linux only code while
compiling and the other way around.  The primary reason is some code
sections (ex: networking, time shareing) are not compatable betweane
platforms.  I do not know of an autoconfig program for the mac.

>Please also start preprocessor directives in the first column, some
>very old cpp's don't accept them otherwise.

common/log.c has that problem (indented preprocessor directives), or are
you refering to nested directives?

>       Falk

BTW, If someone can verify the new patches work, I'll submit them to the
CVS server.

Andy Black