Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Problem with Freeciv / RedHat 6.0

To: naml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Problem with Freeciv / RedHat 6.0
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:57:12 +1000 (EST)

David Pfitzner wrote:

> "Nuno L." <naml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I'm just an aprentice of Linux so, my following question
> > maight seem dum to you.  I'ts just that after decompressing
> > the linux files for freeciv, and when trying to do a ./configure ,
> > I'm told that my system doesn't have X11 !?!?!
> >
> > Are you kidding, I'm looking at it !

> and then send us the file "config.log".

Some more thoughts:

- Even if you have the X11 libraries on your system, you may
need to install another package (rpm) in order to _compile_
X applications.  (I don't know about RedHat, but this is how
it works with Debian.)

- If you just want to play freeciv (not development) you could
try a pre-compiled rpm package (see www.freeciv.org, Download,
RedHat).

Regards,
-- David