Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Problem with Freeciv / RedHat 6.0

To: "Nuno L." <naml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Problem with Freeciv / RedHat 6.0
From: Nick Matthews <nick@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 20:50:09 -0500

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, you wrote:
> >%_
>
> I'm just an aprentice of Linux so, my following question
> maight seem dum to you.  I'ts just that after decompressing
> the linux files for freeciv, and when trying to do a ./configure ,
> I'm told that my system doesn't have X11 !?!?!
>
> Are you kidding, I'm looking at it !

<snip>
Perhaps what you are looking for is the Xfree86 development libraries. Check
the CD (or other installation media, such as your local ftp mirror)
and install anthing that looks like XFree86*devel*.rpm (the asterisk means any
combination of characters, including none, just like on the command line).
Hope that works for you, because it's a great game.

 --
Measure with a micrometer.  Mark with chalk.  Cut with an axe.