Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re : [Freeciv] idea

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re : [Freeciv] idea
From: a_beraud@xxxxxxxx (Alexandre BERAUD)
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:08:25 +0200 (MET DST)

Ralph Horatio D'Mello wrote:
> How about adding an air fueling unit with say some strongish type defence
and
>zero
> attack. which will able to refuell other planes in mid air. (note this is
like
> real life situation).
> you could have this unit to come and collect fuell from cities once say it

> refuels some 3 aircrafts if needed).
> currently I personally feel the aircrafts are not quite utillized as much
they
> are in real life situations just because they have to come back every
turn.

It is a very good idea. It would certainly add some more strategy to the
game.
As far as I'm concerned, I make a heavy use of air units, and most of
the time fighters, rather than bombers. It appears that fighters fly
farther and make quite as many damages as bombers. Their respective
caracs should certainly be checked.

Alex