Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Automatic server launch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Automatic server launch
From: Florent Maffet <maffet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 11:30:23 +0200 (CEST)

I'm currently working in ClaraNET france , a french ISP
We want to create a complete gamezone (now we only host a Quake server, a c
hess server, and soon an Halflife server), and we would like to
add a freeciv server.
But the actual freeciv server needs a human to type the command
civserver -options ...
Then the solution was to create a CGI script that launch the server

But there is still some problems:
the CGI script allow to decide how many human player and how many AI player
will join the game. But the game should began without any human intervention
I mean the game must start when enough player have joined the game (best
will be to start the game when player that have joined == max player or
when a timeout end even if not enough player are in)
Then the game must end and the demon must disappear when all player have
disconnected !!

I tried some modification on 1.7.2 version with a special option (ghost mode)
but the end part was not great and i didnt succeed in using a timeout for
starting the game

Do you think those modification are possible ? Any idea ?
Do you also think that may be useful (in other cases but mine)

E-Mail: Florent Maffet <maffet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
ClaraNET  System & Network trainee !!
Date: 09-Jun-99 Time: 11:22:47
Message sent with XFMail on: