Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Automatic server launch

To: Florent Maffet <maffet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Automatic server launch
From: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 16:00:03 +0200

Florent Maffet wrote:

> But there is still some problems:
> the CGI script allow to decide how many human player and how many AI player
> will join the game. But the game should began without any human intervention
> I mean the game must start when enough player have joined the game (best
> will be to start the game when player that have joined == max player or
> when a timeout end even if not enough player are in)
> Then the game must end and the demon must disappear when all player have
> disconnected !!

I tried it out with 1.8.0 cvs.
I have no idea whether it works with 1.7.2 too. Maybe, the options are there.
This is the setup:
set minplayers 2
set aifill 8
set maxplayers 2
(The gane starts when two players join).

Hope this helps.

The log:
(I didn't set maxplayers at first, but it worked after I did.)

This is the server for Freeciv version 1.8.0
You can learn a lot about Freeciv at http://www.freeciv.org
1: Now accepting new client connections

Get a list of the available commands with 'help'.
> set minplayers 2
Option: minplayers has been set to 2.
> set aifill 8
Option: aifill has been set to 8.

1: Connection request from schaefer with client version 1.8.0
1: <schaefer@localhost> has joined the game.

1: Connection request from Jimboy with client version 1.8.0
1: <Jimboy@localhost> has joined the game.
> set maxplayers 2
Option: maxplayers has been set to 2.

1: lost connection to Jimboy

1: Connection request from Jimboy with client version 1.8.0
1: <Jimboy@localhost> has joined the game.
List of players:
Shaka is connected from localhost
Gandhi is connected from localhost
Hammurabi (AI, easy) is not being observed
Caesar (AI, easy) is not being observed
Napoleon (AI, easy) is not being observed
Stalin (AI, easy) is not being observed
Alexander (AI, easy) is not being observed
Montezuma (AI, easy) is not being observed

Peter Schaefer - schaefer@xxxxxx, schaefer@xxxxxx
"FermaT, by Software Migrations Ltd, is an industrial strength program
transformation system used to migrate IBM 370 Assembler modules into
equivalent readable and maintainable COBOL programs, and to help solve
the year 2000 challenge for IBM 370 Assembler code."