Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Wishlist:Out of fuel (PR#23)

To: Martin Christensen <factotum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: FreeCiv Development <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Wishlist:Out of fuel (PR#23)
From: Stephen Hodge <stephenh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 19:06:10 +1000

Martin Christensen wrote:
> schaefer@xxxxxx wrote:
> > A unit is low on fuel indicator would be cool.
> > This should probably be triggered when moves left<=2.
> > A "return to next city command 'H'" should be added.
>
> Another realistic element could be emergency landings, where the unit
> suffers damage according to terrain type after which it may be returned
> to the nearest city. This is provided, of course, that the unit is over
> friendly terrain. How about that?

How will this affect game balance? Bombers and fighters are extremely
important now, making them less likely to run out of fuel isn't a good idea
IMHO. I do think a warning could be in order though - perhaps when you try
to make a move that would make it impossible for the unit to return to a
city.

Regards,
Steve Hodge