Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Ancients modpack is finished.

To: "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Ancients modpack is finished.
From: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 19:40:16 +0000 (GMT)

> 2) Incorrect references to "pikemen" as the type that is doubled against
> mounted troops, and "cavalry" as the exception.  (For example, load the
> modpack and look at the unit help, comparing what is said about Light
> Cavalry, Pike Phalanx, and Halberdiers.  There could actually be more than
> one unit type with the "pikemen" flag, though right now I only have
> Halberdiers acting that way.)
>
> 3) Help for Elephants says that they are not implemented, but they are in
> the modpack.
>
> 4) Things like Fish Market, Harbor, and War Harbor don't show their game
> effects (i.e., extra production of food or shields, or the "barracks effect"
> for ships.
>
> There may be other minor problems; I just now discovered #2 and #3 above.
> But it's good that most of it is picked up automatically and correctly.
>
> Bobby
>
> p.s. -- Should I Jitterbug #2 - #4?  I put #1 in last night.

Yes, the aim is not to forget about problems whatever they are.
So please Jitterbug #2 to #4.
Do you think this problem can be solved by adding code or by integrating
helpdata.txt in the modpack ? I mean after each
units/building/tech/goverment a small text which will be used to generate
helpdata.txt with a script.

Best regards,