Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
re: [Freeciv-Dev] Windows 95

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: re: [Freeciv-Dev] Windows 95
From: "Heather Jones" <heather.jones@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 10:41:43 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From:   Heather Jones [mailto:heather.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:   Tuesday, June 01, 1999 1:55 PM
To:     Todd Goodman; 'Trev & Dolf Oberholster'

Ok....I changed to Starnet, but now I have a new problem.
When I start civclient I get the following error:
1:using fallback resources - which is OK
1: Your getpwuid call failed. Please report this.
Warning: Unable to load any usable fontset

In X-Win32 the graphics appear and it says:
......Now.. Go give'em hell!
Cannot find your home directory

We seem to be getting closer...also X-Win 32 reads
THIS IS A BETA RELEASE
Freeciv 1.8 will be released second
Week of March at http://www.freeciv.org

Do I have the wrong version?