Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] war heads

To: "freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] war heads
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 19:54:37 -0400

Mika Korhonen (mikak@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> On Mon, 31 May 1999, Matt Busigin wrote:

> >I think the 'lying politician', and 'hidious American proganda material'
> >weapons would be much more effective and cool.

> The lying politician would certainly be a wonder... (hmm, or maybe a tech:)

They both resemble units more than anything else.

For those who aren't aware of it, Civilization: Call To Power includes a
much larger number of "unconventional warfare" units.  Freeciv has only
two, the Diplomat and the Spy.  CTP has those (in weaker form) plus the
Cleric, Lawyer, Corporate Branch, Infector, Eco-Terrorist, and many more.

The "hideous American propaganda material" sounds like a cross between
CTP's Corporate Branch and Televangelist units. :-)

--
Greg Wooledge                    | Distributed.NET http://www.distributed.net/
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             | because a CPU is a terrible thing to waste.