Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev]

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev]
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 00:31:17 +0200

> How about access through a proxy server? You know, so that those of us who
> want to get in a quick game at <ahem> work (after hours, of course!) can do
> so.
>
> I'm not a very good programmer, so telling me to figure it out myself
> wouldn't work real well <grin>

I'm not a very good programmer either, and as a consequence a broken version
was entered into CVS at first, but if you get a reent CVS snapshot, it's
there and it works.  Set $http_proxy to what the README says it should be
and start the civclient in the same shell: the metaserver button will work.

--
Reinier