[Freeciv-Dev] Start script for newbies.

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Start script for newbies.
From: Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 13:51:13 -0700

I was setting up some simple icons in CDE so my roomate could play
freeciv without having to understand anything about a shell, and I came
up with an idea.  Feedback please?

There should be a simple script in the dist, that contains something
like the following:
ser -r autostart & #The autostart script should contain create ai, set
maxplayers 2
civ #maybe at some point we could force the client to connect from the
commandline

Then they could start the game with one command.  Its a little effort to
cut down on the "How do I start the game" questions.  Also for people
who don't understand the whole client/server model.

Is this too basic?
--
Paul Zastoupil