Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Corruption and Famine and cvs

To: Michael Gastright <gastrig@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, lebelage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Corruption and Famine and cvs
From: Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 16:11:47 +0100

Michael Gastright wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> After spending the better part of two hours trying to get cvs to work, I am
> still unable to do so.  Can anyone point me to some place that can help me
> with cvs?  I have been through the man pages more than once and still can
> not get it to work.
>
> I only ask this here as the code changes that I would like to send are for
> this project.

Only if you tell us what is wrong :-)

The general procedure is something like this:

cd /some/empty/directory
export CVSROOT=":pserver:whatever@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
cvs login
(asks for password)
cvs -z3 checkout freeciv

However, I don't have the freeciv cvs machine's name handy, or the login
information - but presumably you know that any how.

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |
|  Julian Bean   | jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx        |  TW9 2TF *UK*       |