Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Gtk client and !@#&"* libraries.

To: a_beraud@xxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Gtk client and !@#&"* libraries.
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 22:24:07 +1000 (EST)

Alexandre BERAUD wrote:

> I still cannot compile the gtk client correctly. After succeeding
> in installing Gtk+ 1.2.1 after hours of a terrible battle, and
> installing Imlib 1.9.? I tried to compile the gtkclient.

> First, it would be nice to mention that it needs plenty of .h
> files from Freeciv itself.

I don't understand what the above sentence means.

> Then, compilation goes not far:
>
> > make
> gcc -c -O2 -Wall -I. -I../common -I../ai   `gtk-config --cflags`

That looks strange.  What platform are you using?  Are
you using GNU make ("gmake") or some other make?

> Another problem is that I wanted to use a gtk theme with the
> gtk client. So I had to install Gtk-engines (it was going
> complicated !) and I got this:
>
> checking for gtk-config... /usr/local/bin/gtk-config
> checking for GTK - version >= 1.1.13... yes

?? That should say 1.2.1

> checking for imlib-config... /usr/local/bin/imlib-config
> checking for IMLIB - version >= 1.8... no

?? That should say 1.9.2

Hmm, what freeciv sources are you using?

You should these days use the freeciv source from CVS
or from the snapshots; I wonder if you are using some
old source from before the client was integrated into
freeciv?

-- David