[Freeciv-Dev] bug...?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] bug...?
From: "David J. Meyer" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 14:55:16 -0700 (PDT)

Howdy all,

I've an interesting question for you.  When I try to run the client, it
seg faults (this is the 1.8.0 version of Freeciv).  Here's the rundown:

I'm running Debian 2.0, kernel 2.2.7 on an AMD K5-166.  I'm running
XFree86, version 3.3.2.3, and appear to have both Xaw and Xaw3d (although
I'm linking against Xaw).  I ran a vanilla configure (i.e., ./configure
with no options) which succeeded, and then ran make, which also succeeded.
The server starts and runs properly.  The client, however, seg faults
before it displays anything.  By judicious use of printf statements, I've
found that the problem is in xmain.c, in the setup_widgets() function,
where it tries to create the government_label widget.

I don't have a static version of libXaw; however, I tried replacing all
references in makefiles to -lXaw to have the literal name of the shared
library.  That compilation also succeeded, but the same result was
obtained.

Do you guys happen to have any ideas on what could be wrong here?  If
there's any additional information that you need to figure it out, let me
know...

Thanks,

Dave Meyer