[Freeciv-Dev] Client AI

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Client AI
From: Daniel Sjolie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 06:30:43 +0200

Hi...

What happened to the interest in AI?
I and hck have had a lengthy discussion and reached a few agreements...

Check here:
http://www.shaolie.dhs.org/~freeciv/
for some info...

The chat log is from our second chat but it should be possible
to get a grip of it anyway...
Maybe I'll try and do a write up of what was said the first time
if there is a need...

The level stuff on the main page is very sketchy at the moment...
Anyone wants to be webmaster?
You could read the chatlogs and put it on the webpage in some
beautified format... : )

This projct would mean a complete restructuring of the client...
(Not the GUI, but almost everything else)
We probably would use old code but not much of the structure would be left...
Please, You who are responsible for the way it is now - comment!
Flexibility and modularization will be key in the suggested
implementation... This would mainly be made possible with callback
functions... Kind of like Gtk...

This project will strive not to touch the server...
The old AI will not be removed...

I'd like to get in contact with a few developers with cvs access...
I'm on the IRC channel (#freeciv on IRCNet) a lot...
Please send me a mail or two... : )

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)