Re: Re : [Freeciv-Dev] bug in freeciv 1.8.0?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Re : [Freeciv-Dev] bug in freeciv 1.8.0?
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 19:21:56 -0400

Alexandre BERAUD (a_beraud@xxxxxxxx) wrote:

(unattributed)

> >Whenever I try to close the help  window the client closes and disconnects
> from the server?  Is this a bug or a problem with my game?
>
> It is certainly a bug, since I never encoutered this kind of problem
> and such a bug would not have passed the tests.
> But maybe professional coders could give their idea ? :o)

It depends on how the window is being closed.  In my window manager
(fvwm2), for instance, there are two different operations -- "Delete"
and "Destroy".  The latter will kill the application whose window it is;
the former might only close the single window to which the operation is
applied (depending on the application).

If the help window is closed by clicking the "Close" button inside
the window, the client should not terminate -- if it does, then it's
indeed a bug.  The GTK+ client also doesn't terminate when I close the
help window with my window manager's "Delete" operation, but it *does*
terminate when I use "Destroy".  This is not a bug -- it's the reason
why there are two separate operations.

--
Greg Wooledge                    | Distributed.NET http://www.distributed.net/
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             | because a CPU is a terrible thing to waste.