[Freeciv-Dev] Banner.

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Banner.
From: a_beraud@xxxxxxxx (Alexandre BERAUD)
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 16:01:28 +0200 (MET DST)

Make the planet rotate ?!! Are you MAD ? Could you please let me sleep
some hours tonight ? :o)
Seriously, I use no gif-animation utility, but The GIMP and the
'Layers/Frames' menu. There is a 'spinning globe' script-fu, but adding
the blue atmosphere would be a real mess !

I don't know the average size of a banner, but 44ko is the price to
pay to have a somewhat smooth animation. Take a look at the 'Linux
Games' banner on Freeciv's site. Personally, I find it quite bad because
animation is really dashed.
Another possibility would be to send both animated banner and a
non-animated banner (of small size) to the webmasters, so that the can
choose what they want to display.
Personaly, I prefer either a single picture, or a good animated one,
than a bad animated one.

To be discussed...

Alex