Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 1999:
Re: [freeciv-dev] Further suggestion re tribes.

To: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: - freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [freeciv-dev] Further suggestion re tribes.
From: "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 23:55:48 -0500

Nicolas Brunel wrote:

>         In common/player.h I found :
> struct player_race {
>
> In this struct is defined several fields which were for AI to have several
> behaviours. We can add more fields and create an ai.ruleset.
> That's a good first step. The second one will be to add code to AI.
> As all the behaviour of AI depends on weighs put on decisions it has to
> take. May be it's not that hard to have several behaviours for AI.

This may just be an echo of what you're saying, but we could make a rough
guess about what should be supported, define the structure, and create the
ruleset(s), all without actually supporting it with any new AI code -- that
way the infrastructure would be there whenever someone did get started on the
code.  (I would like to see that much added to the roadmap.)

Also, would this be a good place to start trying to introduce the use of
GUILE into the AI?  I'm not sure yet where I'll be this summer, but this
might be something I could fiddle with a bit.  I'm studying AI, so maybe I
should try actually using it for something...

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas