Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] savedgames

To: mwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] savedgames
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 09:29:04 +1000 (EST)

Martin Willemoes Hansen wrote:

> I was wondering if it would be a smart idea to make the server save the
> games in a seperate dir like savedgames or something. That would be
> nice, like when I dont want to have a zillion saved games in /usr/bin/

Huh?  Freeciv autosaves in the current directory, so if you
want to save somewhere else (and if you are using the installed
civclient and civserver rather than civ and ser), then just start
them from a different directory.  (/usr/bin?  I hope you are not
running as root?)

Although, it would be nice to make the autosave prefix a
server option, and implement the long-awaited .civserverrc .
Then one could just modify that to suit.

Regards,
-- David