Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] savedgames

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] savedgames
From: Martin Willemoes Hansen <mwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 08:39:04 +0200

> Huh?  Freeciv autosaves in the current directory, so if you
> want to save somewhere else (and if you are using the installed
> civclient and civserver rather than civ and ser), then just start
> them from a different directory.  (/usr/bin?  I hope you are not
> running as root?)
>
> Although, it would be nice to make the autosave prefix a
> server option, and implement the long-awaited .civserverrc .
> Then one could just modify that to suit.

Yeah it is like the civserver is in /usr/games/freeciv and I got a link
to it in /usr/bin .. so u dont have to provide the path for it. It would
be nice if it had a config file to be defaulted to some savedgames dir
in /data or something .. and if ppl dont like that they could change the
config file. Is this hard to do? It would be nice to have that in 1.8.1
.. maybe a ~.freeciv dir too so each user has his own settings etc.

Regards Martin Willemoes Hansen