Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Galleon attacking

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Galleon attacking
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 21:04:04 -0500

Patrick Smith (patsmith@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Should a unit with attack strength of 0 be allowed to attack?

No.  Please.

> I recently attacked a caravel with a galleon (which is silly, of
> course).  I expected to get a message such as "you can't attack there".
> Instead, the attack proceeded and the galleon died.

I used to do this all the time with Transports in Civ1.  (By accident,
of course.)  In Civ2, attempting to do something like this gives you a
dialog box explaining how silly you are, and you don't lose the unit.

> Is this normal (let people be silly if they want), or should we
> protect people from their own silliness?

I'd prefer to be protected.

--
Greg Wooledge                    | Distributed.NET http://www.distributed.net/
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             | because a CPU is a terrible thing to waste.