Re: [Freeciv-Dev] No palace !

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] No palace !
From: Frank Warmerdam <warmerda@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 10:33:20 -0500

Martin Christensen wrote:
> I agree. The palace improvements give the player a sense of
> accomplishment which is very important to the game. I think Alexandre
> tends to overlook such things. Playing CivI/II I always looked forward
> to my next improvement, and it was nice knowing that I did something
> right. It's an important game element, if you ask me. Maybe not the
> palace as such, but what it represents. It is the game's way of padding
> you on the shoulder.

Martin, etc,

Not that my opinion should mean much, but I always just turn off wonder
movies, Palace, etc as soon as I start CivI,CivII, etc.  To me they are
meaningless fluff.

If someone _wants to_ implement a Palace or something similar, then more
power to them.  However, if someone with the graphics expertise is
looking for a way to contribute to the game, I think this would be way
down on the priority list in terms of adding value.

This being my first (and likely last for a while) email to the list, I
just wanted to thank you guys for doing a great job on this game!

Best regards,

I set the clouds in motion - turned up | Frank Warmerdam, Programmer for Rent
light and sound - activate the windows | http://members.home.com/warmerda
and watch the world go round - Rush    | warmerda@xxxxxxxx