Re: [Freeciv-Dev] palace

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] palace
From: Robert Donn <squirk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:39:58 +1200

On Mon, Mar 22, 1999 at 07:40:39PM +0000, Martin Willemoes Hansen wrote:
> Samuel Porter wrote:
> >
> > What ever happened to the palace?
> > I loved it in civ1 how you could add onto your palace.
> > was a nice little piece in civ1, and i think its lacked in freeciv.
>
> I think that in c:ctp they build an island or something instead .. heh a
> paradise island.

I was just playing C:CTP about half an hour ago and what seems to have
replaced the palace/throne-room/... is an area (maybe an island, as you say)
with a number of monuments that can be improved.

I'm not sure if it's race-dependant at all, but I was playing as the Greeks
and upgraded my ancient Greek theatre to a Romanesque colliseum (that is how
they spelt it - isn't it colloseum?), and there was also a well, a temple, a
house-looking-building (perhaps a palace), and one or two others.

I think that if we _do_ implement a palace/throne-room/monument-island/etc,
that we either make our own (ideas?) or go for the Civ I palace (the least
detracting and most 'rewarding' of the three, IMHO).

--
Robert Donn
"IBM don't make nonstandard things.  People just cloned them wrong."