Re: [Freeciv-Dev] New client project by Brunus,

To: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] New client project by Brunus,
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 23:20:43 -0300

On Mar 19, Reinier Post decided to present us with:
> > Your dream about playing freeciv on a vt100 will be fullfilled.
>
> It may be a little old-fashioned, but I do think the Freeciv project
> should strive for a standard M-x freeciv in Emacs.
>
> And if someone could be bothered to do this text-only client,
> I might actually use it!  It will be much faster to use,
> and it will allow more tiles to be displayed at once.

I say go for it. I would surely start playing FreeCiv a lot
more. The bad news is, it is very likely that if a rogue-like
versions existed I would no longer want to maintain the Debian
packages of the X versions ;-)

I once touted the idea of writing a version for palms. I had the
UI quite worked out, but I gave up because palm networking sucks
unless you have a palm modem.

Perhaps the best idea would be to forget this all, wait for the
UI abstraction layer (2.0 IIRC?), and then use this extreme case
to test the abstraction layer. And _then_ have this cool
rogue-like version of FreeCiv ;-)

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----