Re: [Freeciv-Dev] New client project by Brunus,

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] New client project by Brunus,
From: Per Mathisen <permath@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:39:28 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Nicolas Brunel wrote:
>       our friend brunus has got an idea to enhance Freeciv graphics.
> With Brunus Idea, the freeciv client will have fast redraw and refresh.
> Whatever platform is used, there will be no more problem to port
> freeciv graphics. The size of the tiles set will be greatly reduce.
> No more problem about number of colors will be encountered.
> Your dream about playing freeciv on a vt100 will be fullfilled.

ROFL!!

I remember now the joyful days of Moria and the ASCII
hack'n'slash adventure games. Actually, if you add 16 colours
to the below, it might start to look acceptable...

Let's see...

Soldier:        Tank:           Howitzer:       Cannon:
        |o               ^=              /              _==
        (|\             mmm             O=O             O-o

Phalanx:        Engineer:       Elephant:       Stealth Bomber:
         o/              /\             mmo             _=\

Fighter:        NUCLEAR:

Etc.

Oh, yes. It would be fun. If I want to do it... nyah...

Yours,
Per