Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: Railroad from Great Library

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: Railroad from Great Library
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 21:22:57 +1100

David Pfitzner wrote:

> Greg Wooledge wrote:

> > Diplomats can steal technology too, remember.  And Writing comes much
> > earlier than Railroad.
> >
> > Does this patch also cover the case where Railroad is obtained by
> > conquest?
>
> Yes, those cases were already covered, I think, and cleaned
> up as part of this patch.  The reason the spy case is noted
> it that that case, like the great library, wasn't previously
> covered.  (The spy case is different code because the spy gets
> to choose the tech, I guess.)

Actually I was confused; spies stealing tech is done in
the same place as diplomats stealing tech, and already
had the railroad effect.

The extra fix I put in, which didn't previously handle
the railroad effect, was for unit_func.c:get_a_tech(),
which is called if you conquer or incite a city.

Thanks for making me look at this again!

Regards,
-- David