[Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv Manual 1.8.0-pre1 Draft

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv Manual 1.8.0-pre1 Draft
From: David King <crkinger@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 13:28:20 -0500 (EST)

Another draft of the Freeciv User's Manual has been deposited into
ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming, a tarball named
manual-1.8.0-pre1.tar.bz2; it should make its way to
/pub/freeciv/contrib/manual.

It contains a new major document that I originally hadn't thought
would make the 1.8.0 timeframe, but here it is: A Freeciv Game
User's Manual, a manual that describes what the game is all about:
units, roads, trade points, production boxes, Nuclear pollution,
and all that other stuff that most of us CivII types have memorized
but many new people haven't.  It started with everything in the
distribution's help data, and grew from there.

All of the documents should be up to the March 13 CVS level, and I
will keep watching for updates.  The Game manual needs the most
review, of course.  I am aware that the last section, on differences
between Freeciv and CivII, is least complete; I'll keep working on
it.  But I hope that, with comments, it can be considered complete
enough to be ready along with the final 1.8.0.  It incorporates
everything in the current Manual in www.freeciv.org, as far as I
can tell.

David King