Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Opinion of a new player.

To: factotum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Opinion of a new player.
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 11:48:58 +1100

Martin Christensen wrote:

> Hey, this can be one heck of a game. I am a fond player of CivII
> (actually it's one of the only games I've ever bothered to play, along
> with CivI, of course), and here are my first impressions of this game.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your email, but it would help a lot if you told
us which version of freeciv you are using!  Freeciv is undergoing
continual development, and talking about old versions is not
so helpful.  In particular, the graphics have been improved
significantly in recent development versions (eg pre1.8.0).

Also, if you visit the web site you can find out a lot
about that project, such as the fact that there is a Gtk+
port available (not yet part of the main distribution, but
soon to be).  The web page is usually http://www.freeciv.org,
but due to technical difficulties is currently accessible at
http://www.ultraviolet.org/freeciv/html_docs/

Regards,
-- David