Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: a bit better easy level

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: a bit better easy level
From: Daniel Sjolie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 11:27:54 +0100

On 1999-03-11 08:51:43, David Pfitzner wrote:
> Per Mathisen wrote:
> >
> > AI players now prefer Monarchy. They will use it exclusively after
> > Monarchy has been researched.
>
> Hmm, I'm not sure I like this.  It seems a bit heavy-handed to me.
> And since Monarchy can be easier for waging war, this may have
> the AI be even _more_ aggressive at some times (until/unless it
> falls too far behind in tech).

I agree...
The way to make a better easy AI is to make it _less_ agressive...
The best world for a newbie would be one where the AI leaves You
pretty much alone...
The easiest AI should not be for bad players but for players
who want to check the game out for the first time...
This would be a "training" AI of sorts...
To make warfare very limited in such an AI would not be a bad thing...
When You feel up to it You can get Your wars with a harder AI...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)