Re: [Freeciv-Dev]

To: Paul Thomas <Paul.Thomas@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev]
From: Matt Busigin <jediknight@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 21:43:14 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Paul Thomas wrote:

#The longer I leave this, the worse it's going to get, sooo...

As with everything, really.

#Can we get this put into the roadmap?  I've got a patch against
#current CVS that incorporates Falk's and my alliance code, but it's
#not clear when we can include it.  (It still needs some testing
#before I put it out for comments; if you like buggy code, mail me and
#I'll forward you the patch.)

If you'd pass a diff -u over here, that would be pretty cool.

#FWIW, we've got a pretty complete set of mechanics for alliances,
#plus a few extra tweaks (for example, you can ferry your allies'
#units on your boats), and it seems fairly stable.

Cool - send it over.  Does it take into account fear/etc?  If it is
significantly more powerful then you are, does it still bother, or has that
part not been done, yet?

                        cheers,
                                matt

P.S. I'm really hoping for that 'resident idiot' credit, maintainers. <grin>

Matt Busigin [Perl/Tcl/Sh/C/C++/Lex/Yacc/HTML UNIX Programmer]
      Member of Geeks Anonymous - http://geeksanon.ab.ca
      e-mail : spod(at)ewtoo.org, jediknight(at)xwing.org
      web    : http://kharduin.net/~mbusigin
      talker : tb.dynip.com 2010

security CIA NORAD Honduras ammunition munitions Ortega class struggle
Uzi Saddam Hussein Peking plutonium terrorist Clinton [Hello to all my
fans in domestic surveillance]