[Freeciv-Dev] Re:aqueducts, spies-zoc

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re:aqueducts, spies-zoc
From: schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Schaefer)
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 14:21:53 +0100

There was a (random) bad effect to not having aqueduct/granary
in Civ1: the city would not be immune against desasters(fire/famine)

I think that´s the right way to fix it, and whoever programs the desasters
will get a nice chance to add witty comments as to why the desasters happened
:-)

I´d like to second Andrew Donkins patch (IG_ZOC units don´t cancel enemy ZOC
anymore).
I know it worked like that in civ(mps) , but it´s obviously a bug -
you can completelt fool computer players with it, and I guess it is even worse
with lots of railroads.

Appendix: desasters events

desaster protection effect
famine   granary    food gone
fire     aqueduct       one building destroyed
pirates  barracks       food stolen production halted
earthquake temple?      one building destroyed(temple if possible)
volcano  ??         citizens flee in terror
corruption courthouse 100%corruption; seems to affect cities with already high
corruption
scandal     scandal=corruption??
flood   city walls      minus oe pop drowns
revolt   palace, happy citizens  city defects to the enemy owning the city with
the highest trade(score?)

suggestions for funny desasters
blackout ??     light goes out, no production city pop+1; prerequisite:
Electricity
--
Peter Schaefer           mailto:schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
coz' hackers LOVE irix