Re: [Freeciv-Dev] 1.8.0 and network byte order

To: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] 1.8.0 and network byte order
From: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 17:35:41 +0000 (GMT)

Hello

> And to this end, here is patch which does this.  I've tested it with a game on
> an intel machine and a sparc, so it seems to work on both little endian and
> big endian machines.  Maybe someone with a 64 bit machine should test it?

If it can reduce traffic network, it's a very good idea.
I tried Trent Patch on my computer.

'old' server vs network order client
-> Client can connect but game can't start
> 0: lost connection to unknown is displayed when
the client disconnect.

Looking at the code, it 's like the player isn't really connected nor
rejected from the game !

'old' client vs network order server.
It works fine !?? ( a few seconds game )

struct packet_req_join_game {
       char name[NAME_SIZE];
       int major_version;
       int minor_version;
       int patch_version;
      char capability[MSG_SIZE];
     };

Can someone think of a trick to detect non network byte order packets ?

Regards,