Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Pre1.8.0 version

To: brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Pre1.8.0 version
From: Rizos Sakellariou <rizos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 05:45:12 -0600 (CST)

Off the top of my mind:

- Scroll bar of the clause section of the diplomacy window
  is not displayed until one resizes the window. New clauses
  are not shown when the size of the window is exceeded (even
  with a scrollbar).

- The explain for generator 2 doesn't match what generator 2
  actually does. It looks like, in the new version of mapgen,
  generator 2 doesn't generate only one island per player.

- When switching to a government of lower max_rate (for
  instance, democracy to republic) rates are not checked
  and one is allowed to have for example 100% science under
  republic. This has the side effect that the graphics icons
  may not work when changes are needed and one has to resort
  to the menu option (will post a patch fixing this by adjusting
  rates automatically if needed).

- Some help text for Space Structural/Module/Component and
  their role in the effectiveness of the spacecraft (energy,
  support, etc.) would be desirable. In fact, this is promised
  under the Spacerace help text (shouldn't spacerace appear
  as one of the basic options of the help menu too?), but
  there are no entries under the improvements section.

- I must admit that i didn't like deserts next to tundra or
  just 5 rows away from the arctic zone in the new mapgen.
  I am in favour of checking deserts as before (ie, within
  +-x of the equator).

Regards,
--rizos