[Freeciv-Dev] [patch] console cleanup #2

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] [patch] console cleanup #2
From: Per Mathisen <permath@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 19:10:13 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

I've revised the previous console patch, and now the message type numbers
are no longer hard-wired (as per David's suggestion) and all calls to
freelog are wrapped so that these are also controlled. There is still one
or two cosmetic buglets though, but I want/need comments. In particular
because it may annoy some people the way log messages are displayed.
Previously they were seen like this

         server says starting game
        >   log says player X has done Y
         log says city A in fire
         log says bla bla
        remove johndoe
         server says player johndoe removed

In other words, a mess. Comments came on the ">" line, and there was no
">" marker after the log message had been delivered. Now, it will be

         server says starting game

         log that player X has done Y

         log that city A in fire

         log that bla bla
        > remove johndoe
         server says player johndoe removed

A new ">" after each log message. In other words, a lot more scrolling to
show the same information. I think I can fix this with a timer in
sniff_packets(), but I am not sure if it is worth it.

Yours,
Per