Re: [Freeciv-Dev] trouble with SuSE.& freeciv

To: steve.w@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] trouble with SuSE.& freeciv
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 08:44:54 +1100

Stephen Wright wrote:

> I am having no luck compiling the 1.7.2 code.  I am running SuSE 5.3.
> The basic problem is that configure can not find the xpm.h file. It gets
> to the part that goes X11/xpm.h = no and produces an error.  I have
> tried using --with options, I have tried moving the xpm.h to the top of
> the X11 tree, the middle etc..  I do not know what other components are
> supposed to go with it.  SuSE seems to have a slightly odd placing of
> the bitmaps and pixmaps. They are way down the tree.

Hmm.  First do "rm config.cache" to make sure the configure
cache is not messing things up.  Then try
  ./configure --with-xpm-include=dir
where dir is a directory, which has a subdirectory X11,
which contains xpm.h

I think that's how its supposed to work.

If that doesn't work, send the config.log file which is produced.

Regards,
-- David