[Freeciv-Dev] trouble with SuSE.& freeciv

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] trouble with SuSE.& freeciv
From: Stephen Wright <steve.w@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 15:26:38 +0000

Hi,

I am having no luck compiling the 1.7.2 code.  I am running SuSE 5.3.
The basic problem is that configure can not find the xpm.h file. It gets
to the part that goes X11/xpm.h = no and produces an error.  I have
tried using --with options, I have tried moving the xpm.h to the top of
the X11 tree, the middle etc..  I do not know what other components are
supposed to go with it.  SuSE seems to have a slightly odd placing of
the bitmaps and pixmaps. They are way down the tree.

Has anyone managed to get Freeciv to compile on SuSE.  I have got lost
and after several hours fed up.  Please help as I enjoyed version 1.6.3
but could not save games from it.

Thanks

Steve