Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Wonder Tiles (at last !) :o)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Wonder Tiles (at last !) :o)
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 17:38:33 -0300

On Feb 24, beraud decided to present us with:
> At last, here are the Wonder Tiles. They have been ready for many days
> but I had exams :o{ and no time to send them.
> Well, I am a little anxious because I don't know how you'll all find
> them. Please, take a look at them, magnify them to discover every little
> errors (there can't be any !!!!!! :o)) and mail me whatever you discovered.

I like most of them.

Hanging Gardens looked like a box and Great Wall like a flag,
but this is probably the fault of my mono screen (grr have to
have the color one fixed soon!)

Why the gradient background on the oracle?

Sun Tzu's War Academy and Isaac Newton's College don't look like
anything AFAICS... do you hate college so much? ;-)

Otherwise they're great... I can't wait to have Appolo or the
Pyramids or the Observatory for example lying outside one of my
cities :-) [though I never really built the Observatory yet]

Oh, I could only load them with the gimp... imagemagick refused
to open the file. As for how many colors, if you "head"
wonders.xpm you'll notice there are 600 colors (the first number
on the third line). The gimp has a command to reduce the
pallete, but as I'm not an artist (or a frequent X user) I don't
remember it... someone more experienced will sure teach you :-)

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----
                 Resistance is futile.