Re: [Freeciv-Dev] mongol flag?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] mongol flag?
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 20:32:51 +1100

Lalo Martins wrote:

> As someone pointed out, Engels also uses the Brazilian flag for
> Aztecs, which is at best funny, at worst insulting :-)

Yes.  Pity, because the Brazilian flag is very distinctive,
wereas the Mexican flag (used in the classic tiles) is easily
confused with the Romans if the central emblem is obscured.

According to http://fotw.digibel.be/flags/mx.html
the emblem on the Mexican flag is related to an Aztec
legend, so its probably as close as we'll get.

Unfortunately the emblem (actually an eagle with a snake in
its mouth, standing on a cactus) just looks like a messy
splotch at that resolution. :-(

-- David