Re: [Freeciv-Dev] mongol flag?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] mongol flag?
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 12:56:25 +1100

Reinier Post wrote:

> >  Does anyone
> > know (or have an opinion :-) on whether the "symbol" on the
> > Mongol flag should be black (as with the classic flags if you
> > turn off tranparency) or white (as with the Engels tiles)
> > ?
>
> Yellow, and the flag is red-blue-red:
>
>   http://www.flags.net/MONG.htm

Hmm, well thats the current Mongolian flag;
http://fotw.digibel.be/flags/mn.html
has some historical flags (still this century though)
which are more like the freeciv version  (with the symbol
dark blue -- Ah, it seems _all_ the the transparent
parts correspond to dark blue, eg, including the central
symbol on the Indian flag.)

Unfortunately I think ancient cultures didn't all have
nice official modern-day style flags :-7

Of course these flag web sites have restrictive
copyrights, but I guess that doesn't stop you looking
at their images and then drawing your own.

> BTW if someone is changing flags, I suggest to introduce the Russian flag
> for Russians.

Agreed.  The Engels tiles already does this.

-- David