[Freeciv-Dev] Newbie: My ideas

To: Free Civ dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Newbie: My ideas
From: Marian Schubert <awx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 13:01:33 +0000

Hi guys,

I had found FreeCiv last friday and I'm realy happy that there are
people
whitch are making game like this for Linux, because i had been also
working
on the strategy game(like DuneII with multiplayer[internet]) but i was
alone
so i stopped to work on it....

After one weak I have some "Tips" & Questions for you:
Tips:
  * Center to selected unit on the turn begining. (Sometimes I don't see
unit)
  * Change GUI. Don't use Xaw to create menus, windows, etc.
  * Don't change size of map window. Change the scale || make it
scrollable
Questions:
  * Why to copy Civilization so much ? (You know I had played
Civilization
    "thousand" times and now I want somethng different but with same
idea)
  * What about 3D look ? (like SimCity2000 || CaesarII)
  * What about real-time, not turn based strategy?
  * Why can't player enter game, after the game starts?
  * Isn't computer player just a little bit hard (in year 1000BC
     he had Marines, Artiliery, etc. and i had only Musketers.
     Don't you mind that is unrealistic ?!? [easy difficulty])

I made some graphic this weak so if you want to see it try
http://ask.gymzv.sk/freeciv

maio